Check Out All the Cool New Features Just Released
We have been doing a lot of work on improving PlexTrac and are excited to highlight many of those updates in the Q1 2018 release notes.
In this update, you’ll see a summary of the following features and updates:
- Support for Private-Hosted and On-Premise Instances,
- Branding with Account and Client Logos,
- Enhanced Report Exports,
- Additional Tool Imports
- Improved Authorization Schemes.
Without further ado, here are your updates!
Want your own, dedicated instance of PlexTrac?
We’ve got you covered! We now support multiple models:
- On-Premise: Now you can host your own instance of PlexTrac or license a private-hosted instance. Hosting your own means you can download our solution and put it anywhere you want. You’re responsible for data backups and general system maintentance. We notify you of platform updates and you install them at your convenience. This is excellent for internal testing teams or teams that may have special access control considerations. Contact us – email@example.com to request your free trial.
- Private-Hosted: Want a dedicated instance, but don’t want to hassle with running your own server or hardware? With our Private-Hosted model, you a dedicated instance of PlexTrac with your own subdomain (e.g. ilovehacking.plextrac.com). It’s a dedicated virtual server that we host and maintain on your behalf so you get all the benefits of the Cloud version, but the added benefit of additional branding. We update your platform right along side the Cloud version. This is great for teams wanting the benefits of the cloud model that may choose to switch to or from an on-premise model in the future. It also provides a small SEO boost for your subdomain. Contact us – firstname.lastname@example.org to request your free trial.
- Cloud: Same great experience without any headaches. We take care of everything in our secure multitenant environment. You don’t have to worry about any maintenance or backups. This is great for clients who may have multiple vendors using PlexTrac to allow for easy centralization of reports. Contact us – email@example.com to request your free trial.
Branding with logos
You can now add that unique, custom touch to your account and reports. The latest PlexTrac release allows you to add your logo to your account as well as add a logo for each client. The logos help provide your branding throughout the platform and add a nice finishing touch to report exports.
To add a tenant logo (currently only available to licensed customers):
- Login as a tenant administrator and browse to the “Account Admin” page from the gear icon in the upper right.
- Select “Account Information” on the left-hand menu.
- Select “Edit Tenant Information”
- Here you can add a logo and update any other account information.
- Once you’ve uploaded your logo, it will appear in the upper left of the UI.
To add a client logo:
- Browse to the client details for the desired client and select “Edit Client Information”
- Here you can add a logo and update any other client information.
- Once you’ve uploaded the logo, it will appear in the upper right of the client space.
- All logos will show up in the Word and PDF exports on the title page
Enhanced Report Exports
Exporting reports is getting better and better. Now you can export a report to three formats:
If you’ve added a logo for your client or tenancy, they’ll show up in the title page automatically when you export to Word or PDF.
*Ptrac exports can be used to easily parse to another format and we will soon support import to another instance of PlexTrac. So if you have a vendor or client that uses a separate instance, report delivery can be seamless to multiple instances of PlexTrac. Stay tuned for this awesome feature!
Tool Imports and Integrations
Acunetix is new on the block! Easily import Acunetix scans into PlexTrac to help deliver and track results from a central spot. Acunetix imports work the same way as the rest of our tool integrations. PlexTrac now supports imports from the following tools:
Granular authorization and access control
We have refreshed our authorization model and now support assigning a default group to your tenancy. If a user in your tenancy is assigned to the “Default Group” that user will automatically be assigned with the corresponding privilege level to any new client created by any other user in your tenancy.
Reminder on privilege levels:
- Analyst – can view reports and update the status of individual findings. The analyst is the intended role for a user that will be the recipient of a report and one who will be conducting the remediation work. This role is ideal for security analysts and auditors.
- Standard User – can create reports and findings for a client. This role is ideal for testers and contractors conducting assessments).
- Client Administrator – all functionality of a tester but can also add/edit/remove users to the client authorization list.
- Tenant Administrator – all functionality within the tenancy and the ability to add/edit/remove users to the tenant account. The tenant administrator automatically has access to all clients within the account and thus does not necessarily need to be added as a default group member.
- We fixed a bug when viewing the report in Readout View and then browsing back to the List View that got the UI into an unexpected state and required a hard refresh.
- As a side note, if you encounter any odd UI behavior, you might need to refresh the page and then report it to us immediately so we can fix it for you!
- Please report any bugs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wow, that’s a ton of stuff, but we’re aiming to make your lives easier – not only when it comes to making reporting easier, but also tracking and fixing your issues. We hope you enjoy the latest features in PlexTrac and keep those feature requests coming!